I don’t really have a topic to write an entire post about so I’ve compiled a bunch of random tidbits.
- I have a GINORMOUS
zittumor growing on my chin. It hurts. A lot. It’s not the kind you can pop or squeeze otherwise I’d be on that like white on rice. It’s just a red bump. A BIG red bump. I am not joking when I say how big it is. My whole chin is swollen from it. I’d take a picture but even I have to draw the line somewhere.
- On Monday I had a feeling like I might be pregnant. I was tired. Tired like I was when I was pregnant. When I realized that I started to get worried. Worried for once that I MIGHT be pregnant. And not in a good way. After 2.5 years of trying so hard to get pregnant I now worry that I WILL get pregnant. Don’t get me wrong. If I was a normal, healthy woman I wouldn’t think this way. But with my diabetes not under strict control I worry what will happen to a developing fetus. Just today my blood sugar sky-rocketed up to 400. Not good. Not fetus good. Well, April Fool’s on me. Tonight I started cramping and after using the bathroom I noticed that I had some bright red spotting. I guess I should be relieved.
- My husband drives me absolutely crazy. I love him dearly and probably couldn’t live without him but sometimes I just want to poke him with sharp objects. We don’t watch a lot of TV together but we will watch American Idol. I’m the kind of person who likes to watch the whole show. I like listening to the bios about each person and watching the recap of the previous week/night. He does not. He wants to fast forward (gotta love DVR!) through the whole damn show. GRRRRR. Tonight, I made dinner. He says he doesn’t know how to cook. Apparently the shelf of cookbooks and recipes are of no use to him. GRRRRR. Oh well…I cook and he washes the dishes. I think it’s fair. After dinner I would think he would put the leftovers in some tupperware but no. He says he has a “fear of putting stuff in tupperware.” GRRRRR. There are numerous other things that make me crazy but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.
- LOST! I LOVE LOST! I’m so obsessed with that show that every week, I cross my fingers and toes that my husband will go to bed before I watch it so that I can watch it completely undisturbed. And while I
enjoyover indulge on some yummy Ben & Jerry’s I don’t have to hear crap from him. Tonight’s flavor? Cake Batter. I was so blown away by the ending last week that I CAN NOT wait to see what happens this week. HELLO!!! Sayid shot Ben Linus when he was child. Ben was a child, not Sayid. There is this whole time-warp thing going on and some of the castaways are stuck on the island in 1974 (I think that’s the year) where Ben Linus was living as a child with the Dharma Initiative. Confused? You have to watch it from the very beginning to get it at all but it is SO worth it. It’s the kind of show that you love to watch but hate at the same time. If that makes sense. The first couple of seasons left you hanging with so many questions that are only just getting answered. Ok, enough about Lost.
- While on the topic of television, I was watching Reno 911 earlier and if I was drinking milk it would have come out my nose. They used the term Jelly Tugs. I had never heard it before but it was so friggin funny I plan on using it on a regular basis. It definitely puts a picture in your head. Imagine a guy, alone, with a jar of jelly. Enough said.
- I started a new blog. It’s just about crafty stuff like knitting, sewing, photography, etc. I’m still tweaking some of the stuff on there but I did put my first post up so if you are interested, check it out. Just click on the word blog up there.
- I got a pedicure today. It felt wonderful. My toes are bright pink. Too bad my skin is too pasty to show them off.
- I’ve been reading several books on foster care and adoption and have been learning a lot. I plan to do a post about what I’ve read soon.
- This weekend is supposed to be beautiful so I hope to start planting some seeds for this year’s garden. I’d like to do carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, pumpkins, watermelons, lettuce, oregano, basil, dill and whatever else I can think of that we will eat! I also have some flower seeds that I’ll plant, too but I don’t care what kind they are. I just like the pretty colors.