Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Head colds and multiples...oh my!

Hello, My Love,

I feel like doo doo. I have a horrible cold and my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds. The only thing getting me through this day is the thought of passing out on the couch when I get home. I hope my dayquil kicks in soon. If I had a voice I think I would scream and cry and throw a king-sized temper tantrum. Work sucks right now so that doesn't help matters much. Last week we had 4 teachers quit for no apparent reason. Things are starting to get better though. I've hired some new and hopefully better people so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's very small, but it's there. I've been working in the infant room since last week and am pretty confident that I can handle multiples. Juggling five babies is in no way easy but I feel I could handle it. Of course I only had them for 8 or 9 hours and then got to go home. Not really real, is it?

I had an ultrasound done over the weekend. It was bittersweet. Usually when I think of an ultrasound I think of seeing you on that screen but instead I saw an empty womb. It was neat to see it though. I also saw my ovaries although I wouldn't have known what they were if the tech hadn't pointed them out. They just looked like black blobs. I got blood drawn on Monday and my big appointment is next Thursday. Your dad is dragging his feet about getting his test done. I have a feeling the problem may lay with him as I seem pretty normal (at least when it comes to my cycles that is).

No comments: