Monday, July 28, 2008

Parents say the darndest things

Hello, My Love,

It's going to be a busy week. I work both jobs Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and then have my friend's shower on Saturday. Throw in cleaning, laundry and cooking for the shower and I'm beat. Luckily we had a relaxing weekend. Well, as much as possible considering I worked both Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday night we went over a friend's house and had a few drinks and sat in their hot tub. They are both really nice and we like getting together with them. They have a son who is almost a year old...such a beautiful boy. While we were all in the hot tub we were talking about some show that they watch with their son. The mom was trying to explain it to us and then said, "Oh they wouldn't understand. They're not parents." I know she meant no harm whatsoever but it stung nonetheless. Who knew such an arbitrary comment could hurt so much. Needless to say, I was ready to go home after that. I can only tolerate so much talk about other people's kids when I have nothing to contribute. And I so want to contribute. I want to tell them all about the funny thing you did in the bathtub the other day or the weird face you made when trying a new food. But alas, I must wait.

1 comment:

jlmishler said...

Some people just have no sensitivity...AT ALL!!! Ugh! Sorry about the comment she made. You are going to make a wonderful mom!!!! HUGS!!!
XOXO