Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ask and you shall receive!

Ok, so since several of you asked about my DELICIOUS (yes, I am partial) macaroni and cheese I thought I would bless you with my recipe.  I originally found it online but tweaked it a little.  Without further ado, here is my recipe for macaroni and cheese.

The Best Mac & Cheese EVER!

1 Tbs  Olive Oil

1 (16 oz) package rigatoni

8 Tbs butter (1 stick)

4 cups shredded cheese (any kind you like)

1 1/2 cups half and half

16 oz Velveeta cheese

2 eggs, beaten

salt and pepper to taste

Optional:  Seasoned bread crumbs and extra shredded cheese for topping

 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)

blog 131 

Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil.  Add olive oil.

blog 132

Add the pasta.  You can use any kind of pasta you want.  Cook according to package directions.  

blog 130

I like rigatoni.

blog 133

While the pasta is cooking I make the cheese sauce.  You can do it this way or just make the pasta and then make the cheese sauce after it’s done.  Either way, cube up the Velveeta.

blog 134

In a medium saucepan melt the Velveeta cubes.

blog 135

Next you will add your shredded cheese.  I used Cheddar and Cheddar Jack.  You can be a little fancier and use Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Muenster, etc. 

blog 136

Dump all 4 cups into the saucepan and stir occasionally.

blog 137

Add the half and half.  Keep stirring.

blog 138

Add the eggs.  Keep stirring.

blog 139

Add salt and pepper to taste.  Once all the cheese is melted the sauce is done.  Set aside but stir occasionally.

blog 140

Once the pasta is done cooking, drain well and return to the pot.  Cut up the stick of butter.

blog 141

Toss it in the pot.  You can leave the heat off since the heat from the pasta and the pot will usually melt the butter fairly quickly.

blog 142

Once the butter is melted put it in a 13x9 greased glass baking dish.

blog 143

Although the cheese sauce looks good enough to eat as it is it will need to be poured over the noodles.

blog 144

Like so.  Mix up the noodles and cheese so everything is nice and covered with the cheesy goodness.

blog 145

If you want to you can sprinkle some extra cheese and breadcrumbs on the top.

blog 146

Like so.  Now it’s ready to cook for about 35 minutes.  It should be hot and bubbling and you will have to have someone hold you back because it will be too hard to not jump in the oven and eat it.

blog

Like so.

I just finished making mine and it is nice and cooled off so I’m outta here!  Enjoy!

7 comments:

Yo said...

YAAAAY!!! thank you!!!!! And, with pictures???? You are fantastic!!!

Kelli said...

Yum!!! Thanks for sharing, Kate!! You should consider a blog on "how to's" for either your crafts and/or cooking. Have you seen Julie & Julia? I want to do SOMETHING but just not sure what yet. You'd be awesome at that type of blog though!! :)

Olivia said...

Disgustingly decadent!

I don't like mac and cheese in general, but this may well change my perspective completely!

BTW - I've missed your posts. I'm glad you've resurfaced!

M said...

Oh my gosh!! My mouth is watering like crazy!!! I'm sending DH to get ingredients tonight! Thanks!! and happy birthday!

Brooke said...

I'm going to the store tomorrow! Ray saw the pics, and was like "WHAT IS THAT???" Thanks for the recipe and pics!!!

hollyli said...

OMG! Be still my heart. I've got to try that!

Anonymous said...

Its Definitely good bookmarking for future reference.